Sunday 5 June 2011

Top Posts In May

Even with only 41 posts posted this month I still had my work cut out for me picking my top posts of the month.
With 15 of the 41 short listed I picked only seven, here's what I finally came up with:

Krafty Kuts Presents Fresh Kuts Vol. 3
Krafty Kuts is one of my favourite DJ's and one of the biggest influences that got me into the breaks scene and with this mix there was no way in hell he wasn't going to be featured in this months post.

AfroWhitey - Ridin' Promo Mix
With the amount of times I have listened to this mix there was no way I couldn't feature it in this months post. One of the finest thugstep mixes I have heard to date.

Bobby C Sound TV - Put Em Up, Hold It Down
This track has it all, sick ghettofunk wobble glitchy bass lines and some fine ass hip hop vocals.

Madness - Baggy Trousers (Dave Remix's Clive Made Me Do It Mix)
Ghettofunk and 80's pop music are two types of music that no one but Dave Remix would think of putting together. But I think everyone who has heard this track will agree, this is probably one of the best ghettofunk mash-ups around.

Mochipet - Dessert Bass
I'm a huge fan of Mochipet's work and when he added a sick glitchy dubstep bass line with mandolins and phat hip hop vocals he made it almost impossible for me not to add this track to this months post.

Elite Force - We Are Distrikt
Elite Force creates amazing bass music and with this bass heavy funky disco track he created for Distrikt's Burning Man camp he proves no different! If you haven't already, go ahead and donate to the cause!

The Temptations - Ain't too proud to beg (Pinot Filter Vintage Re-Love)
I cant count the amount of times I have listened to this track since Mojo Filter released it on Soundcloud. This is some of the finest electro funk I Have heard.

Don't agree or just want to have your say then hit up the comments with your top posts of the month. All of the posts from May can be found here.

1 comment: