Thursday, 23 February 2012
Deekline - Exclusive Interview
1. Tell us a little about yourself - What's the origin of your name? and what inspired you to get into the music scene?
I always used to listen to and play music when I was younger, I was brought up listening to hip hop jungle and funk . The name came from playing at youth clubs, meaning go low.
2. You have worked with some of the biggest names in the music scene, who has been your favourite DJ/Artist/Producer to work with and why?
Freq Nasty was cool as he was on a nice spiritual vibe, Dj assault was comedy, Fresh was fun to play practical jokes on.
3. What's it been like to be back in the studio with Ed Solo creating the new album and what kind of sounds can we expect to hear on it?
It's a wide variety from ska, booty, jungle to dubstep.
4. Which DJ's/Artists are you feeling at the moment and what new up and coming talent do you recommend for 2012?
Dustin Hulton, Josh Money, JFB, Blondtron.
5. Are there any plans in the near future to team up with Wizard or Ed Solo for another mix in the Hot Cakes Ready Mix or Booty Breaks series?
Another Hotcake Ready mix would be fun!
6. And finally, if you lost your fingers in a freak incident with a can opener, what would you do to fill the void left by not being able to create music?
I would focus on my clothing shop bassboutique.co.uk
Be sure to check out the latest single 'I Like Girls' from his upcoming album 'Bounce & Shake'. Which can be purchased over on Beatport.
Also don't forget, Bass Boutique and Push Promotion (http://pushpromotion.co.uk/pushpress/?p=611/) have got together to give away a £10 promo code to spend at Deekline’s Bass Boutique that can be used towards anything in the store.
Just enter the code RAT047 at the checkout!.
Follow him on: